A New Me Foundation, INC.


Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lessons Learned!



This month I had the opportunity to take a vacation to Virginia to enjoy nature and some of it's adventures.  It was a treat if for no one else, ME.  I'm an adventurous type of woman that like to do the usual "don't do's"..... sometimes I associate with being a dare devil Gemini.  On this vacation, I went kayaking and horseback riding.  With each experience, I WAS SCARED TO DEATH! But guess what, I SURVIVED....BOTH!!!!!!


Kayaking was a lesson for me on patience, trust and endurance.  It became my analogy for my relationship with God.  I'm queen of analogies just FYI.  I get bored with people, places and things QUICK.  Once I get the point, I move on.  So for kayaking, me and my partner were one with nature, from the sights, sounds, very close to the water or possible dangers of the water, animals on the land and sea, and other people.  We had to not only work together to steer the kayaking canoe thingy, my partner did more work than me, we had to consider all things as we moved along the lake.  When I was tired and arms burning, my partner kept us going.  When I just wanted to sight see, my partner listened to my observations.  When I tried to get adventurous and venture off on my own thing for a second, but wind of falling in the very swampy and filthy water, covered in muddy water, sticks and God knows what else, my partner made sure I was ok, helped me back inside the canoe and then LAUGHED so hard at me.  This kayaking taught me that God has given me pieces of the world to enjoy and reflect on.  He's trusted me with the lives of people to help walk a better path and that requires trust!  He reassured me that sometimes, I go off on my own path and FAIL, but He doesn't condemn me, He laughs at my childish ways and steers me back in the right paths of His ways and in His will.....ain't He good?




Next up, horse back riding.  Now I've only rode ponies as a little girl so image me shaking and scared for my life approaching this animal that was extremely bigger and stronger than me and of all things, more in shape than me (Felicia doesn't exercise, only walking...... #dontjudgeme).  I was suppose to have the most softer, oldest and calmer horse than all of the other horses on the farm.  By the way, her name is Nutty Buddy.  I was given a quick lesson on how to care for and get in tune with horses and the history of Nutty Buddy.  Still afraid, I became anxious because we arrived at the farm at 10am and was still waiting around at 1pm to ride the horses.  I was almost over the experience before it began.  So with this experience, God taught me what true obedience means, my faith in the Almighty is stronger than ever, PATIENCE for the millionth time Felicia, trust in your instincts and communication skills through body language and verbal.  Because I was a little scared,......ok.... A LOT scared than other riders they took me and the horse around the yard a few times just so we can get used to each other and practice some key commands and techniques that would be much needed for the trail ride ahead.  

I noticed there were some veteran riders, first timers, a little seasoned, breeders and others on this trail with us.  Some of us rode the stallions and some walked.  Look at GOD!  The revelation to me was how our walks in our faith with God maybe different, but we all are on the same trail serving the same God and we help each other through the journey.  It wouldn't be a day in my life if my horse wasn't the most active after all.  Me and Nutty Buddy were headed for a small pond of water and after communicating to the horse several times that we were headed off the trails of others, the horse still did what it wanted to do.  The breeder, on foot, ran and stopped the horse by pulling the reigns and verbally communicating the command of turning back around and headed the horse and me, back on tract like the others.  That reminded me of the Holy Spirit that God will send to stop you in your tract and turn you around when you're headed in the wrong direction.

Oh, but the story doesn't end there.  The horse I rode had just been stung the day before by yellow jackets and we, you guessed it, rode through some.  At first, the horse sensed the danger ahead and gave a warning sign.  I didn't see anything, and kept riding next, it suddenly, in my words, WENT CRAZY and with me still on top of the horse.  Once again, the breeder ran to my side and instructed me to immediately jump off the horse.  She didn't have to tell Felicia twice you can believe that!  I had to walk the rest of the way back to the farm while others rode proudly into the stables and everyone cheering them on as they returned.  But here's the revelation I got out of this death defying experience (ok, I'm exaggerating but stay with me), LOL.  God, spoke to me and said, "Felicia, I see all and know all.  Trust me when danger, storms, trials and tribulations approaches you, I'll give you a warning that there's something about to block your path and if My warning is still unclear to you, I will take care of the danger completely away from you and you will still carry on safely on the journey I have set out for you."  When I tell you,  I hit my praise break on that farm, it was life changing.

In life and in EVERY situation you're faced with there are lessons to be learned.  If you're like me, use analogies to help you reveal God's revelations.  Seek Him and ASK Him, what He wants you to learn from these lessons learned!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment