A New Me Foundation, INC.


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"THE CONVERSATION " by HILL HARPER



You all know by now that I'm a bookworm with all of my heart. I learn from all genres of reading sources and enjoy the quote that says, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Being single has allotted me to research the dating world of men and women on every level from the initial greeting to jumping the broom on the rose petaled aisle of the church house. I came across this book several times and passed it up to read other titles that were on my long wishlist of novels at Borders bookstore.

"The Conversation" by Hill Harper is an easy read as I suggested in my Monthly Reading Suggestion for January 2011 on my website. It was a page turner for myself and the message that stood out to me was a scientific discovery of oxytocin:

"Did you know that there is a hormone called oxytocin that is released by both men and women during sex? Oxytocin is called the "bonding hormone" because it is secreted into women's bloodstreams during breat-feeding to bond mother to baby. Oxytocin is responsible for the feel-good feeling we all get when we cuddle or have an organsm. But here is the trick: Women's bodies secrete more often than men's bodies do, and women have more receptors in their bodies for the hormone. What does this mean? It means that every act of affection or sex is more biologically significant to a woman. Her biology has set her up to bond with every human who causes the release of this hormone....."

I mentioned this because of the overall discussion in the chapter of this book......read it for yourself...LOL!!! Men were basically saying that when they are engaged in sexual activities and behaviors, it's just that.....sex! Most or some women take a different scenic route, they are emotionally attached to the act if not including the partner as well. Some women can adore the physical intimacy with the person but yet NOT be attracted to their partner. I understood this concept more and more as I turned the pages in this book. Am I shocked at this male-dominated revelation? Of course not! It just made me do more of what I do best once my neck roles or eye(s) twitches at a comment....I conducted more research!!!

Hill's book is an exceptional read for the single, married, divorced, widowed or just the friendship bonds between male and females. Pick up your copy today!

BREAK THE SILENCE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & HIV/AIDS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment