A New Me Foundation, INC.


Thursday, January 13, 2011

A NEW ME >>>>>> REDEFINED





I created a new photo album on Facebook entitled, A NEW ME >>>>>> REDEFINED...... This concept came about because although 2010 was a new beginning for me healing from a tragic past of domestic violence, I rediscovered the new person I have become. I learned how to function and deal with the "new me", because trust me, I was clueless. I could tell you stories all about the old me, but this new person that I have become, is something else and I am taking several attempts trying to get used to it. I kind of feel like I'm a character in Terry McMillian's new book, Getting to Happy.

I will say that I am now more humble, patient and willing to help anyone that needs help, encouraging words, love, motivation, advice, etc. I'm so happy you all didn't get to meet the self-centered, selfish, evil, conceited, rebellious person that I used to be. I only cared about myself and what I wanted. NOT anymore.....I cried the day I twisted my hair because I felt the presence finally of the redefined woman that I am now. For once, I did something that I wanted to do, because I WANTED IT! It wasn't about how I thought people would think about my decision to go natural. I erased that image that all light skinned African American women, have to be cute and fierce and hair flowing down our backs. I've mentioned several times that since I did the big CHOP in October 2010, I've accepted the real me and not the person everyone wants me to be. I hid behind my hairstyles a lot and just explored too many different options. My hair was healthy permed but I always longed to have blonde locs someday. I was too shallow and not confident enough in myself to go through the transition, until now.

Am I suggesting everyone go out and whack off all of your hair off to feel and experience freedom, like me.........of course not. That's what worked best for me. I enjoy my little crazy looking afro that is growing continously.

I AM A NEW ME THAT IS REDEFINED AND I LOVE IT!!!


BREAK THE SILENCE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment