A New Me Foundation, INC.


Friday, February 11, 2011

WHAT TO DO? by FELICIA SIMPSON


What to do when everywhere I look, you're there?

In my thoughts, in the literature of my world.


What to do when the ounce of a moment, is returned back to you?

Time continues to move forward, but somehow your mane has remained still,

in place just as it was the last time I saw you.


What to do when your ocean colored eyes gaze into my soul?

I try to concentrate, focus and listen to your body language.

But nothing is available to this ice cold feeling inside of me.


What to do when that moment of persistence and excitement, is there no more?

Do I reconstruct my errors, blame you, be patient, tell me......please, what to do?


What to do when anger and frustration arises and there's no one to release this energy with?

Hold my feelings to myself? Fantasize? Plot? Dig deeper, spiritually?


What to do whenever I do decide to walk away from our dealings?

Hold on to that memory of your finger tips? Or hold onto one more second, and see if things change?


What to do when you love someone so indepth that you can't let go and become your own being?

Dear friend, the day will come when with each step you take away,

what to do, will no longer be a question.


What to do when you have embraced who you are and stepped from behind that box that sealed you and your life inside of it?

Each sunrise you enjoy the dew drops that whisper in your ear.


What to do when one day you look onward and peak at your future?

Do you see, YOUR dreams, YOUR goals and YOUR interests?

If so, humble yourself!


The question really isn't what to do? The beauty of the answer lies in your actions, to each time you have to ask yourself, what to do?


BREAK THE SILENCE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!!!
I wrote this poem with thoughts of a victim of domestic violence on edge of leaving or for that survivor who often reflects back on that former life.

No comments:

Post a Comment