A New Me Foundation, INC.


Saturday, July 2, 2011

IMAGINARY LINE

The other day I was facilitating a support group that meets weekly. Of course I was hired to talk about domestic violence. It amazed me that almost every woman in that room has been a victim of domestic violence before and a few of them, are victims currently. I shared a food for thought about taking one step forward whenever you want to see a change in your life! So I drew an imaginary line in the floor to give a visual perspective. Once the line was drawn I proceeded forward swiftly to show that it only takes you to step forward, towards your goals and the rest of the journey is smooth sailing.

I've used this theory to leave my abusive relationship, write several books, go back to school to finish my degree in Criminal Justice and recently, starting my own foundation for victims of domestic violence called A New Me Foundation. I say that to say, if I can do it, so can YOU! I know that saying is cliche but it holds truth nevertheless. The next time you have a goal you want to reach, draw your imaginary line on the floor and take your first step forward and watch how you will flourish towards completing your goal(s).

It may seem like your goals are unreachable in the beginning but the more steps you take after you cross that imaginary line, the closer you will be to completing your goals. I have always done everything backwards. I learned to change the order in which I take steps toward my goals and life has been great for me and my children. Now life will throw some darts in your steps to knock you off balance. The key things to remember whenever that happens, are..... to draw that imaginary line and move forward accordingly.

Hope this was helpful, enjoy the rest of your day and remember to BREAK THE SILENCE of domestic violence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment