A New Me Foundation, INC.


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'M HUMAN NOT PERFECT!!!

I'm human, not perfect! That was my post the other day on Facebook. I always tell people that I need to be taught too. I don't always make the right decisions and need guidance. Oh, don't even get me started being a woman and mother...... you know I'm always seeking advice and parenting tips from other people.

So last Friday, I made a mistake (this is typical in my world). By the time I was approached for my actions, I had already processed the wrongdoings on my part and was over the situation. The thing that I love about myself is that, I don't dwell on much of anything for long..... I get the lesson I need to learn, and MOVE ON! I don't sit for hours beating myself up about mistakes I've made.....remember: I'm human not perfect!

These thoughts crossed my mind heavy today when I see that people hold me up to higher standards or see me as having a leadership role. So I thought about similar people in our society that are leaders in some sort of capacity: President Barack Obama, Bishop T.D. Jakes, the principal at my kids schools, the pastors in the local churches, other Founders and Executive Director's of organizations. I wonder and is safe to assume that someone is there to teach these select individual people or at least help guide their influences on society or those that look up to them.

Now, don't get me wrong, I was remorseful for my actions at the moment. I realized I was just careless but to expect me to still be dwelling on my actions days later........ NOT!!!!

I'm thankful to have a small few people in my inner circle that don't cheer me on no matter what I do. I love the friends I have that can stand up to me and say, "You were wrong for that" or "That's not what's best for you right now." If you have friends and family like those that I just mentioned, CHERISH THEM.

Yes, I'M HUMAN NOT PERFECT! So as I continue on in observance of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, I will be more attentive to my responses and actions to some things and some people. As Joyce Meyer book is titled, I feel like I'm a LEADER IN THE MAKING!!

CONTINUE TO BREAK THE SILENCE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment