A New Me Foundation, INC.


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

MY SUCCESS LADDER



"Sometimes the teacher needs to be taught"...... I often tell others that about me. There is pressure being me, as a black woman, mother and entrepreneur. I am a woman with flaws like everyone else. I don't stand before or sit behind a desk as a woman that has it all together. I reach towards my personal dreams and goals DAILY. Some days are easier than others but I pressed through each day as if it's my last time to get things done.

The success ladder for me is growing taller and taller and the height is ONE huge milestone for me to climb. I eat, sleep and breathe for A New Me Foundation. I have others that support my foundation unconditionally, but it gets hard for me sometimes and sometimes I need someone to "teach" me or encourage me along the way. I'm a firm believer that to whom much is given, much is required!

Divine connections play a major role in how I network and gain opportunities for my foundation. I don't wait on the universe to drop off a miracle, I go out in the world personally and grab it! My sister in Christ, Donna Brown Jackson told me that, "the universe will say no to you, but at some point, it has to say YES!" That has stuck deep in the veins that flow through my body when I want to give up (and there are plenty of times that I want to throw in the towel......remember I'm human).

I make a lot of sacrifices to get things done that people will never know or even care about (and that's ok with me too). What you see on the surface has taken a lot of time and behind the scenes preparations. I get anxious, doubt and even fearful to step outside of the box to fulfill the goals of A New Me Foundation (ANMF). As the famous evangelist, Joyce Meyer said about herself, I follow the mantra that: I do EVERYTHING afraid! I'd rather be afraid for a little while while fulfilling my purpose than to be fearful and NEVER reach my maximum potentials and always have to ask myself, those "What if's" questions (check previous blog).

Whether you are a victim or survivor of domestic violence, cancer, rape, homelessness, etc. get out and start climbing YOUR success ladder and you'd be surprised that by telling your testimony, what height you will gain and the height that others will gain in their lives in the process.



I wish I could say I went to school and studied public speaking, writing and something in the social work field. Dear readers, I did NOT. My major is Criminal Justice and I plan to pursue a law degree at some point in my life to help advocate for victims and survivors in our judicial system. I say that to say, God QUALIFIES the QUALIFIED! He'll give you exactly what you need to get to where you need to be. I am NOT saying that you will NOT need higher education or training of some sort to pursue your dreams. Even the richest athletes and music artists have had some type of training in regards to dealing with the public, accounting, etc.



Lastly, know that everyone is not gonna like or agree with your success ladder and please, I beg you, be OK with that. Those that don't like or agree with what God has for you is entitled to their own beliefs and never argue or question that. Smile and keep it moving. You have a future to plan, you don't have time or energy to waste on the naysayers.

S-U-C-C-E-S-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep saying that word as you help our foundation and others BREAK THE SILENCE of domestic violence in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment