A New Me Foundation, INC.


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Relaxing and Enjoying the Sounds of Peace

Readers,

Today's blog is nothing deep. Nothing that is discussing my views or opinions in regards to a specific topic or pressing issues. Today, right now, I am just enjoying the sounds of birds singing, the crisp grass under my feet, watching my kids playing in the backyard and eating ice cream. That is the sound of peace and a possibility of quiet too. In my world, the clacking and clicking on a keyboard all day is noise. But nature in its natural form, is the quietness I seek. I love taking pictures of "nature happenings". Nature happenings to me is when I can capture a bumblebee buzzing around a flower. Or how about when the sunlight is captured in a small puddle from rain, in front of a tree. It's simple things like that, that makes my heart melt. The current breeze that is bargaining for my attention right now is the sound of peace.

I think that sometimes or moments in a day, no matter what the weather is, you should get away to a place of peace. The company that peace provides is sometimes unexplainable. I journal a lot and to me, when that pen hits the paper and those pages begin to turn, that is the sound of peace. I define peace as a relaxed state of mind. You can find yourself in the middle of a crowded concert hall and locate peace. Your peace is different mine, I'm almost positive of that. But whatever allows you to enjoy peace, I suggest you embrace it and partake in it, often.

How do you relax and enjoy the sound of peace? Let me know your thoughts!!

HELP BREAK THE SILENCE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Peace to me is laying in bed relaxing with all of the lights off, while listening to Pandora radio. Especially my Anita Baker & Sade stations. I always have a lot of my mind, and this I believe helps me process my thoughts.
    #Realtalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mr. Booker for your comment. I too find myself using the exact same "ritual" as listening to Pandora only my station is Avant. That station plays all of the good 'ol 90's music. I think music is therapy for relaxing as well.

    ReplyDelete