A New Me Foundation, INC.


Tuesday, May 24, 2011









There's nothing like waking up in the morning with absolutely nothing on your mind. Sounds strange doesn't it? Most of us have already mapped out our days the night before. Well this morning, I woke up to the sounds of the birds, and I tell you, those were the best sounds that my ears needed to hear. It felt so good to not be thinking about anything and just enjoying the vocal chords of nature. Most people at first glance looking at me, would not know how much I admire nature. When you've been introduced to a world of chaos as a victim of domestic violence, you learn to take value in the sounds of peace that the animals and different atmospheres that create nature. I go out and simply walk around in the forest preserve on my lunch break and take pictures of the trees, grass, birds, flowers and I have been experimenting with adding a video of my "secret place" I visit there.






I am in the process of putting together a fundraiser next month to help me provide immediate and available resources for victims and survivors of domestic violence, through my non-profit, A New Me Foundation. So image if you will, how my brain is always thinking, planning, making phone calls, sending emails, revising, and so forth. So this morning I was honored to dedicate possibly 5 minutes of doing absolutely nothing. As an author, motivational speaker, blogger, mother and newly added: founder of a non-profit (in the making), my brain needed those 5 minutes. I reread my last blog, Stir Up the Gifts.......and yes, I do read my blogs occasionally to help keep me motivated and focused on my many projects. That blog reminded me of my purpose (calling) and through reading that blog this morning, I am ready to tackle the many tasks that lay ahead of me this week.






It's hard to be an individual, stepping out of the box and developing a Community Based Organization (CBO) that will provide services to those in need. I don't put on a smile on my face all of the time as if this journey doesn't require sacrifice and hard work. I know the overall outcome of my labor: the number of deaths due to domestic violence causes of homicides, self defense killings, suicides and HIV/AIDS will decrease when services are provided to help educate the people in our communities. Imagine if one person's lifestyle changes, how it will impact a positive global change. Some days I go home and cry because of the passion I have to help all victims and survivors of domestic violence. I don't ever want anybody to go through what I went through because of their lack of knowledge of the crime. I had never heard of the term "domestic violence" so therefore I couldn't identify that I was in an abusive relationship.






This blog is to inform you of the simple things in life that one can enjoy. For me it was the sounds of birds communicating with each other. Embrace life and enjoy the quiet moments in each day to think of absolutely .......NOTHING!!!! If you are like me and is always serving others, take the time to serve yourself a dose of "me time". You will be amazed at the reward and positive influences you will release into the atmosphere.






HELP BREAK THE SILENCE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment