A New Me Foundation, INC.


Thursday, May 19, 2011

STIR UP THE GIFTS!!!

I come across to people as a hardworking "sistah" advocating for domestic violence victims and survivors. Anyone that knows me know that I don't take this subject lightly. Is it my passion? Is it my spiritual gift(s)? Does my previous experience allow me to be the most suitable person to talk about this subject with? The acknowledgement or answer I'll give today, is yes to all of the above. I recognized the fire that ignites in my soul whenever the subject is discussed a while ago. Did I volunteer for this calling, no of course not! I have learned to accept the calling and get the necessary training, healing and developmental stages I need in order to enhance my services to victims and survivors.

Whatever gift(s) you have, ask God to guide you in how to stir them, craft them, edit them and enhance them. God will enlarge your territories and make sure you seek His guidance in any "next steps" you decide to take. If you have a story to tell, TELL IT! Tell that story, be it through a song, a novel, a poem, a play, a portrait, video, a prayer, a dance, a healing of the hands, a spoken word of kindness, whatever your gift or gifts are, use them.

I think of the unused Christmas gift in your closet that is taking up space. What good is it there, if no one is using it. Don't worry about the lack of finances, support systems and any other immediate logistics that you will eventually need. Speak your gift(s), visions, dreams or goals in to the atmosphere and I promise you, it will not return to you void. Each great milestone I've accomplished started out with me NOT being able to get it done on my own. I had no money in the bank but yet published books. I have no college degree yet, but is starting my own business. So you see, it only takes your visions to be manifested out loud and watch them flourish. I am not only an author and student now, but my professional title is getting longer and longer as the days go by. I have said in private what I want in my life and have taken the first steps to execute them. Yes it took sacrifice and dedication just like anything else of importance and substance. Were there days I wanted to trade my gift(s) with others, "heck" yes!!! Some days I cried and asked God, "Why does it have to be me, to do or say it?" After I removed myself from the situation, I was able to stir up my gifts and those that were blessed by it have helped me enhance my visions!

I always talk about the wonderful new friends I have now and how they support me unconditionally. My gifts doesn't allow me to always be the leader, I have to be a server the majority of the times. So you can imagine what kind of self-esteem boosters I have to give myself. I love serving others than taking on leadership roles. That is my gift: SERVING OTHERS! With domestic violence, your spirit must be humble and non-judgemental. You have to allow people to make their own decisions, no matter how you feel about it, know what the outcome is gonna be. Yes with serving others, you want to make a difference and see them move on in life to better opportunities. Sometimes that just don't happen. The imprint I leave on your wounded heart as a victim of domestic violence, lasts a lifetime. That is the kind of gift that allows my heart to be strong when a client comes to me traumatized, a spectator judges my work or accomplishments, you know the "haters".

What is your gift(s) and how are you using it/them? I want to hear from you and HELP BREAK THE SILENCE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment